Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Let's try this!

Just recently I have been inspired to start a blog from my friend Emily who has been writing such eloquent, entertaining antecdotes.  I can't promise you all that,  but I will try my best.  I will be going on a mission trip in 2 days and I want this to be a gateway that I can keep in touch with my friends and family.  For those of you that know me, know that I am in no way a computer genius.  I sometimes feel like such an old person getting mad at these "young people" texting all the time with their "loud music" and not having any "social skills" because they don't know how to talk to people without using an electronic device.  It takes me about an hour to figure out how to organize my pics on facebook. I really don't listen to that much music that was made after the new millenium. I felt so happy that my friend Kasey once jokingly said "I cant stand the youth of America". It was funny when she said it, but at the same moment I was wanting to slap the piss out of these kids sitting in front of us in the movie theatre.  The point of this whole rant is that Im old and you'll have to  bear with me as I tip toe through this new endeavor because my computer skills aren't anywhere near my num chuk skills.

Another reason I am doing this is because sometimes I feel so oblivious to things going on around me.  Some of my main philosphies in life include the phrases "dont sweat the small stuff", "just roll with it", and "move on".  To some people this could be seen as an "I dont care" attitude, but to me, I see it as a "no drama" attitude.  There are so many things in my life I can be thankful for, so why sweat the small stuff.  I've always been like that and I make no apologies. The only thing I do apologize for is using so many air quotes in this blog.  But in all seriousness, I want to be more observant about things going on around me and figure out how lifes little tickles and hiccups relate to my life in the big picture.

Tomorrow I will be sharing stories of my grandfather who I recently lost.  The other day I was talking to my mom about all the things I will miss about him and all the craziness.  We both decided that it would be a good idea to write these memories down, so I hope you will be looking forward to that.  Then I will be heading to Nicaragua for a medical mission trip, which I am super syked about, and can't wait to share with you.  Hope you enjoy this and I will see you soon.
                                                                                      Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer!!!!!! Love it! So happy you're joint the blogging world! You crack me up! I will be your number 1 follower!! So excited for you and your mission trip! Can't wait to read all your updates! Sorry to hear about your grandpa...I hadn't heard! Praying for you and your family! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete