Saturday, September 24, 2011

Arrival to Nicarauga!

Whoo! It's been a long day of travel.  I just got settled into my room and am ready for bed.  We have an early start tomorrow.  Church starts at 8 and then we will set up the clinic the rest of the day.  I have had a good time getting to know a lot of my teammates.  Theres not a better time to do that crammed on 3 different planes with people you don't really know. There are about 25 of us and I am 1 of 4 newbies. There is definitly a close sense of family with everyone.  They are all so fun loving and humorous so I think I will fit in just fine.

Once we arrived to Managua, we stood outside for about 20 minutes waiting on our hotel van and it is soooo humid here! Not too hot, but let me tell you, my hair instantly fro'd up withing a matter of minutes.  I can't wait to send a pic of this freak of nature masterpiece.  I feel kind of like Monica from the episode of "Friends" when she goes to the Bahamas.  Except 5 times worse.

 Also when we arrived I met Wayne, who is the missionary that lives here who we will be working with.  He is originally from Amarillo.  His son joined us in Dallas and will be spending the week with us.   His other son was in an accident about a month ago and broke his neck.  Thankfully, he can still walk and move around, but he has to do therapy for a couple of more months.  So Waynes wife, who is usually here, is staying in the states with her son. 

I will end this right here because I am ready for bed.  I will definitly be back to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment